[ANN] Wiki is about to freeze for trans for test2, help needed for conversion

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 19:39:14 UTC 2005

I've been heads down on other projects and forgot to ride the schedule
for the relnotes.  D'oh!  Mea culpa.

We are two days late for freeze for translation, so have missed our
agreed upon scheduling.

We need to freeze soonest for test2 for trans.

Freeze begins at 08:00 UTC 15 December.  This gives the West Coast of
the US, i.e., me, time to be useful.

Is there anyone interested in helping with the conversion from MoinMoin
to our XML for relnotes?  The first step is automated (thanks Patrick!),
so we get well-formed XML from fp.org/Docs/Beats.

I need help with diffing and merging.  I've been doing visual diffs,
i.e., using my eyes, but I reckon that xmldiff or something similar
could be really useful.  I'll be working tonight, -0800 UTC (US West
Coast) from before and after the 08:00 UTC freeze.  I'll certainly be
working on it by 21:00 PST/05:00 UTC.

I also think an XML diff is useful for the translators.  We need to work
on getting that within our toolchain.

I apologize to our friends in translation.  Hopefully the content is not
going to change that much, perhaps 10% churn and 15% added?

Once I have a snapshot of the Wiki, at a few minutes after 08:00 UTC,
I'll unfreeze the Wiki for changes.

The Wiki is snapshot[1] again on 21 December at Midnight UTC for the
Web-only release of the updated relnotes.  That content is available for
translation from CVS starting on 22 December by announcement to f-trans-
list.

Thanks - Karsten
[1] That's right, I verbified that sucker.
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject