Is there any actual documentation?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 2 16:00:32 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>I'm sorry to sound mean,
>but I've been observing the often interesting and learned
>discussions about Fedora documentation for some time,
>but when I looked recently to see what documentation was around
>I found remarkably little -
>basically just the comments on the Release Notes.

Published docs are available in http://fedora.redhat.com/docs. Currently
includes the online mirror, yum and installation guides as well as the
release notes. There is the jargon buster,  FC 2/3 SELinux FAQs and
SELinux guide on Apache as a beta for a long time. There is a relatively
smaller guide on Udev and a tutorial on Stateless Linux.

>Am I missing something?

The work in progress drafts are available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/ and
http://webtest.fedora.redhat.com/.

Moreover all the RHEL and Fedora docs are being relicensed to OPL
license and every documentation will be part of Fedora.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-February/msg00110.html

>Or will the documentation be appearing "real soon"?

People have to contribute. Thats the way it will appear more sooner.
The question here is how are you going to help?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

There are a number of people who have signed up on this list as
interested contributors.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Contributors. The number of
varied actual contributions though is very low still. Lurkers need to
get more active and start doing things. If we are going for
documentation to just appear, they probably wont.   The latest project
waiting for a contributor soon is a tour on Fedora Core 5. Want to grab
that?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-March/msg00011.html

>I may say I always read
>the very good (and beautifully produced) Fedora Weekly News.

Thats one good source of information. We have the weekly reports for
various projects at  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports.

--
Rahul