Fwd: Self-Introduction: Jose Nuno Pires

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 14:52:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 18:19 +0000, José Nuno Coelho Sanarra Pires wrote:
> Full Name: 	José Nuno Pires

Welcome.

> 	- Translator for Red Hat/Fedora applications into European Portuguese since
> 	1998

We are going to eventually be connected using the Translation Project
systems (http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status) , hopefully before
FC 6.

In the meantime, you can do translations directly in CVS.

This page helps explain what you need to do and know:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation

However, the "Translation Process" on that page is possibly
inaccurate.

Can others who understand what is incorrect please fix it?

There is/was a page on translating the Wiki, but I cannot find it.

> What makes you an excellent match for the project?
>
> 	- To make Portuguese one of the fully-supported languages on Red Hat/Fedora
> 	distributions
>
> 	- Always trying to keep translations correct, up-to-date and consistent,
>  with the help of automation scripts which help validating the correctness
>  and consistency of the result (http://gettext-lint.sourceforge.net)

Perhaps you can help add support for consistency and spell-check to the
toolchain.

Thanks, and again, welcome to the Fedora Documentation Project.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject