Self Introduction: Lance Benjamin

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 18:43:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 07:54 -0600, Lance Benjamin wrote:
> Greetings!

Howdy.  Sorry so late in replying, I didn't notice your self-intro
because you had replied to an existing message/thread, so it got buried
there.  There's a first hint of something not to do on mailing lists and
the reason why. ;-D

> I *think* I've completed all the steps to join the Documentation Project
> and my purpose for doing so is I feel that I have a lot of time to offer
> to the project as well as skill.  I would best be utilized in editing
> for grammar/writing since I have just become comfortable enough with
> Fedora to completely abandon all instances of M$.

Definitely welcome.  However, don't sell yourself short when it comes to
authoring new content.  You are certainly more advanced than many of our
potential and current users, and new, fresh content is definitely what
we need more of.

Existing projects that can (usually) use more help:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts

There are new ideas here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocIdeas

> Hope I covered everything, but if anyone has any particulars they would
> like to know feel free to ask and I'll most likely be glad to answer!

Good coverage, thanks, and welcome aboard.  Join us on irc.freenode.net
on #fedora-docs anytime (all the time, for many of us) and let's see
what we can do to help you get productive and happier. :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/