cvs - error / help

Tommy Reynolds megacoder at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:27:28 UTC 2006

> and when i set my email (replacing ext:pfrields at cvs.fedora.redhat.com) in
> ~/.bashrc it takes ages with no output before returning:
> [root at localhost adam_laura]# cvs co docs-common
> ssh: connect to host hotmail.co.uk port 22: Connection timed out
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
>
> The content of ~./bashrc is this:
> # .bashrc
> export CVSROOT=:ext:journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk:/cvs/docs
> export CVS_RSH=ssh

What is your Fedora accounts name?  That is the only part of the
original CVSROOT example that you should touch:

export CVSROOT=:ext:<YOUR_ACCOUNT_HERE>@cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs

I did a quick check (may not have been in the right place, though) and
didn't see "journo_bouy" or "manix" as a Fedora account.