DUG Updates

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:51:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 19:56 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> I have modified Managing Software with Pirut by adding the section about
> removing the dependency of the Fedora Media Repository.
>
> In my opinion it is a bug and I believe it has been posted in bugzilla
> but yeah I've added it to the howto just in case.
>
> Your feedback is appreciated regarding this.

Putting this in the manual means that there is now an onus to make sure
it's removed when we move to F9, assuming that particular bug is fixed.
Do you take the responsibility to do that? :-)

My point is that bug listings have their place, and manuals are probably
not that place.  Technical documentation generally includes release
notes for that purpose.  We have a bugs page that tracks these:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F8Common

I wouldn't link everywhere you find a bug, either, because again, this
multiplies the effort required to re-edit the guide for each release.
Having a link to bug lists or errata in a general information page at
the front of the Guide is enough.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/