Wiki problems

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Sat Mar 8 09:26:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 14:46 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> I'm going to blame the wiki for this.........
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Communications
>
> That page has the following section in it.  The wiki text is as follows:
>
> == Kopete ==
>
> ''' Kopete '''is the Internet Messenger that is installed in KDE by default.

> In KDE ''' Kopete ''' can be found in ''Kmenu > Applications > Internet > Instant Messenger''
>
> In GNOME '''Kopete''' can be found in ''Applications > Internet > Kopete''
>
> The output however is different. How do I fix this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

All the sections are done except for the Communications one due to the
issue that I'm having.

== Kopete ==

'''Kopete''' is the Internet Messenger that is installed in KDE by
default.

In KDE '''Kopete''' can be found in ''Kmenu > Applications > Internet >
Instant Messenger''

In GNOME '''Kopete''' can be found in ''Applications > Internet >
Kopete''

=== Configuring Kopete ===

This section is specific for '''Kopete''' in Fedora. For further
information and documentation on '''Kopete''', refer to:

http://kopete.kde.org/

To start and configure '''Kopete''', select ''Applications > Internet >
Kopete'' from the menu panel in GNOME or ''KMenu > Applications >
Internet > Kopete'' in KDE. Starting '''Kopete''' for the first time
goes directly into the creating accounts dialog. To configure a new
account follow these steps:

    * Click the selected messaging service you desire.

    * In the Account Information window, enter your details that you are
using to connect to the services.

    * Make sure to fill out the details on the other tabs.

    * Once the account is added, click '''[Next]'''' you should have an
option to connect to the service tick then then click '''[Finish]'''.

    * New accounts can be added in the future by navigating to the
''Settings > Configure > menu'' entry in the main '''Kopete''' window
then clicking the '''[Accounts]''' button after it has loaded.

'''Kopete''' comes with a wide range of messaging services some examples
are:
{{{Gadu-Gadu
AIM
GroupWise
ICQ
IRC
Jabber
Meanwhile
MSN Messenger
Testbed
WinPopup
Yahoo
}}}
Accounts for the services can be added to kopete using the steps listed
earlier.

Thats the wiki markup thats causing me grief.

Cheers,

Marc