Self-Introduction

pritam pritam1984314 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:29:52 UTC 2010

Hello Fedora Docs Project!

My name is Kulkarni Pritam Gajanan, and I am a Post Graduate student of
Computer Engineering at College Of Engineering Pune (COEP). In six month I
will have my masters degree in the Computer Engineering, My project work
focuses on parellel processing especially General Purpose programming on
Graphics Processing Unit(GPGPU). I have always been infatuated with Linux
and open source software.  I am seeking a way to give back to the great
project that has given so much to me.

I also enjoy programming; I have extensive C and Java experience. Right now
I am working on CUDA(nVidia's Parallel Processing Architecture for GPGPU
programming) .While I feel I would be a natural fit for an Parallel
Programming developer position as well, I feel that documentation is
potentially where I can do the most good, at least initially. In my opinion,
documentation and user-friendliness is what it is going to take to increase
the popularity of any Linux distribution. Since this is my first step as a
contributor to an open source project, documentation may also be an easier
transition than diving into coding right away.

I have always been an good writer. I have had to write many lab reports,
instruction sets, technical documents, etc. I feel that I could bring these
strengths to the Docs Project.

Since I do not know where I may be needed, I would appreciate feedback from
interested groups. Meanwhile I have joined the docs and docs-commits mailing
lists so I can begin learning your task flow.  My GPG fingerprint is below.
Please let me know if there are any other steps I need to take to join the
community. I look forward to working with all of you!

pritam at bhavani:~$ gpg --fingerprint
pub   1024D/36399439 2007-06-17
Key fingerprint = B36A 8BD7 57C3 7616 BED6  2309 AA82 C25A 3639 9439
uid                  Remi Vernay (http://srvremi.free.fr) <srvchess at free.fr>
sub   1024g/8E2434C4 2007-06-17

Thanks & regards
Pritam