fedora-bookmarks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:11:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 11:05:13AM -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> On 12/02/2010 09:27 AM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> >> I kinda suspected that.

> >> No, future versions of fedora-bookmarks COULD have the correct URL.  It
> >> would simply require an update each release.
> > Except for those that just do an upgrade which will just live with an
> > old link.
> >
> > --Eric
> Well, there's not really any other option which does not violate
> packaging rules, or cause wailing and gnashing of teeth :(

Is there no way to do a link that points to the latest release notes
without causing Infrastructure pain?  In other words, an http redirect
sounds like a solution, but not a fun one.  I know the Infra team
doesn't like to do them if it can be avoided, due to the maintenance
load it induces.  (Very reasonable approach.)

Any way to do this on the site itself?  Is that a Publican request?