Live collaboration at Desktop Help Summit

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Thu Feb 18 21:22:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 19:17 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Shaun,
>
> Here's a list of infrastructure resources to help with live
> collaboration:
>
> * IRC Freenode #desktop-help -- doesn't seem like there's anything
>   more needed here, you're an auto-op and the channel is all ready
>   with zodbot waiting for you to use to log proceedings.
>
> * Fedora Talk -- we have a local dial-in available in Chicago so any
>   regular phone can be used with our conference rooms.  You can record
>   if needed, although you'll want to let us know ahead of time so we
>   can make sure instructions are clear and everything's working.
>
>   http://talk.fedoraproject.org
>
> * You had mentioned that you were going to check phone and projector
>   availability.  Any word on that?
>
> Let us know on the list if there's anything else we can do to help
> make the meeting a successful collaboration.

Hi Paul,

It looks like the room we're in doesn't even have a phone
connection, although Kevin is double-checking that for me.
I think somebody had mentioned that Fedora team members can
call in using VoIP software.  If I got a decent USB confernce
phone or something, could a Fedoran connect the event to the
phone bridge on their laptop?

--
Shaun