Self-Introduction

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:46:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 11:55:17PM -0400, Guru wrote:
> Guru, Gadget Wisdom, www.gadgetwisdom.com
>
> I have long wanted to start contributing back to the Fedora project. I'm
> not a developer, and at SELF, it was suggested I could help by
> contributing to documentation. I like to think I write in a clear and
> concise manner, and want to give it a shot.
>
> I like to think of myself as an intermediate Fedora user who is eager to
> convey what I learn to others. I'm not sure what other skills might be
> useful to this. But I intend to find out.
>
> I'll likely spend some time observing to figure out how I might best
> begin contributing.
>
> pub   2048R/70BC1402 2010-07-06
>        Key fingerprint = C002 0ACD F780 208D 838D  4E80 B1C7 CA56 70BC 1402
> uid                  Gadget Wisdom (Fedora) <guru at gadgetwisdom.com>
> sub   2048R/05BD728A 2010-07-06

We encourage people to use real names wherever possible... not just
because it's easier to have a conversation :-) but also because part
of the fun of open source is that you can build a curriculum vitae of
contribution that helps you in other pursuits.  You'll need to have a
real name in the Fedora Account System if you intend to become an
Ambassador, for instance, for which I notice you've applied, or if you
want your CLA to be valid.

Please feel free to stop by IRC Freenode, channel #fedora-docs -- lots
of Docs folks hang out on that channel and they'd love to hear from
you!