Self-Introduction

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sat Jul 31 14:46:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 13:49 +0900, Юрий Хабаров wrote:
>       * Name : Yuri Khabarov
>       * Projects where I worked before: http://forweb.su
> At this project for web-designers and developers I was writing a
> technical notes about SQL and web-servers, such as Apache and
> Microsoft IIS.
>
>       * I think, that I have not a bad level of working on computer.
>         So, I can build a web-server based on Fedora with
>         apache-mysql-php. Working in bash is my commonplace. Also I
>         have a certificate of MySQL administration
>         (http://www.intuit.ru/diploma/r0lySLZGyvu6/A00074937/), I
>         think that my knowledge maybe useful.
>       * Such as other my people skills, I can find a common language
>         with every person. I'm a very friendly person :)
>       * Why I want to work with docs? Every day on some linux-forums I
>         see posts from users, who can't find some documentation for
>         some programm, HOWTO-pages in russian language. In my town not
>         so much people, who use linux, because a lot of users think
>         that it is very difficult OS for them.
>       * Other question: why I chose a Fedora? Because my father and I
>         think that "right" linux is a linux, which based on RedHat
>         distributive :) I'm using Fedora starting 4-th version, and I
>         want to enjoy it more.
>       * My GPG-key fingerprint:
> [b00blik at fedorahost ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 2A567AE7
> pub   2048R/2A567AE7 2010-07-31
> Key fingerprint = F105 949F D450 9D15 B554  EDF3 BDAC 86DF 2A56 7AE7
> uid                  Yuri A. Khabarov (The Man) <madb00blik at gmail.com>
> sub   2048R/C1374D9C 2010-07-31

Yuri

Great to hear from you.

Reading your intro, I wonder whether you would rather be involved in
translation than Docs, but certainly, here in Docs we welcome the help.

Right now we are arranging "Beat Writers" for the Fedora 14 Release
Notes.  Both the Web Server and Database beats are open, so if this
interests you, it looks like an opportunity.

If you are more interested in translation, then you might check out the
L10N list https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/trans

Of course, there is no rule that says you can't do both!

Let me know your preference and if it is appropriate, I'll get right on
approving your request to join Docs.

--McD