Atn dainelsm: User Guide

Matthew Daniels danielsmw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:32:22 UTC 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Susan Lauber wrote:
> You were going to send me your User Guide rework efforts
> or get them in git and let me know which branch to work on so I can push the User guide forward.

Susan: the server I have all my docs stuff on is in Charleston. I'm not sure why, but I can't get into my box right now. Luckily, I'll be going to Charleston for Spring Break this weekend, so I'll be able to grab that data and finally get it to you. I apologize for the delay, and for not telling you sooner.

>  There are bunch of new folks around that I might be able to con... er interest in helping out but I need to see where we are and what needs to be done.

That's really good! As you've probably noticed, I really haven't been around lately. School has been way too hectic this semester for me to do hardly any FOSS stuff at all. I'll be here to help with little tasks people could send me, but I really can't maintain that guide anymore. I look forward to some new people taking care of it in the ways that I couldn't.

For anyone interested, I have a page here [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Danielsmw/Desktop_Guide_tasks] that I made a long time ago as a guide for restructuring the UG. And although I don't have time to do too much in terms of mass writing, I would be more than happy to get together with anyone and discuss ideas/brainstorm how to write the UG (I've had a long time to think about that). I'm also good at proofreading.

Again, sorry for the delay. I'll be in Charleston this coming week and I'll send it out.