Fwd: Live ISOs that don't fit on CDs

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:18:28 UTC 2010

There are still tons of machines out there which do not have a DVD and
especially in third world countries where older hardware is the norm
the price of a DVD reader is going to be as much as the machine they
want to put it into.

Me personally I have several ancient machines who don't even have EIDE
support and finding a just plain IDE DVD reader would be nearly
impossible. About all they are good for is playing around with and
using as data/print servers but if you require a DVD to install they
become scrap metal.

Sides if your going to use a DVD what's the point of using a live CD?
Why not just get the full install? Seems kinda pointless.