An interesting Yelp behavior

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Fri Mar 26 13:48:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 15:16 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I'm not quite understanding what you're observing because when you say
> "appears" and "disappears" I don't know what you're looking at.  I'll
> get with you on IRC and once I get a clue, I'll report back!

Copying this direct too because I don't know whether the images will
make it to the list.

yelp-initial shows yelp (F12) as it typically looks.

yelp-norn shows yelp when fedora-release-notes and about-fedora have
been hidden from yelp.

The categories that show on the right that do not appear on the left are
all categories containing no documents, which may explain why they do
not appear on the left.  Apparently that list on the right just fills up
space if there is nothing else to show there.

Whether or not f-r-n is installed, all the other documentation seems to
be displayable, so it looks as if I was simply confused about what was
happening, which also means I need to ask Shaun to clarify his question.

--McD