New language translation request

Eric "Sparks" Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 12 03:39:15 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 07:29 PM, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 04:05 AM, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
>> Hello, Docs Team!
>>
>> I'd like two sets of .po modules created for Russian translation of Pym [1] and the Software Management Guide [2]. Could you please add them so the team members could submit translations?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> [1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docs-pym/c/master
>> [2] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docs-software-management-guide/c/rebase/
>>
> Hi Misha --
>
> The "Pym" book isn't maintained by the Fedora Documentation Project; you
> should contact the maintainer directly: ||kushal at fedoraproject.org
> <mailto:kushal at fedoraproject.org>
>
> He should also run "publican old2new" on the book to generate a Publican
> config file that will allow this book to build in current versions of
> Publican, then update the POT and PO files; I suspect these are quite old.
>
> The Software Management Guide is not ready for translation yet; in this
> case, the XML files are authored in Spanish, and we are waiting for a
> complete English translation so that we can provide PO files for
> second-generation translations from English to other languages. Let us
> know, however, if you can translate Spanish to Russian -- maybe we can
> explore this option.
>
> Cheers
> Rudi

There are some other guides that can be worked while the Software
Management Guide is still being readied.  If you are looking for
something to work on you can look at our Guide table[0] which not only
lists all the guides but also their priority for being translated.

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings#Guides

Thanks,
Eric