Self-introduction:

Dilip P Kumar kaambuuu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:14:48 UTC 2010

Greetings.

I am Dilip, an engineering student from Banaglore, India. This is my
first *real* entry into giving back to the FOSS world.

I have been using fedora since f9. Over the past two years, I have tried
to find a place in the fedora community without having to commit myself
to anything. I soon realized that this was pointless and decided to
dedicate some time every week to put in my share of effort to make
fedora better. So, here I am.

I am not a great programmer. I can go through code and understand what
is supposed to happen, but that is not my strongest skill. I feel I can
do more here, with the Docs team.

I have about 2 to 3 hours a week that I can spend. (more during holidays
and less during exams). I can explore software in detail, contact the
developers with specific questions and find the patience to write
detailed how-tos targeted at 7 year olds. I can also write any other
type of documentation that might be needed like reviews, articles or
instructions.

I am also prepared to learn any skill that might be necessary. Given
enough time and the right reading material, I think I can learn any
computer skill. If there is anything that needs to be done that requires
learning something new first, I am game for it!

My main language is english, and all my contributions will be in
english. However, India is in a weird state of transition- from British
english to American english. Half of us use "colour" while the other
half say "color". I will try and stick to the "color" world, but do
expect an occasional error.

I have a moderate computer knowledge. To give a better picture of my
computer skills, here are some of the things I have done:
I have compiled my own kernel, manipulated xorg.conf to bring back a
broken X11 system (ages ago) and manually completed a failed upgrade
from f12 to f13.

This letter has grown too long already and I am sure most of its readers
have already lost patience to go any further. If there is anything you'd
like to know about me, please feel free to ask.

Here is my gpg key.
pub   2048R/7A3AC280 2010-10-07
      Key fingerprint = BB24 2ECF B33C 132F 6AF4  CA96 9388 B372 7A3A
C280
uid                  Dilip P (I love my planet!) <kaambuuu at gmail.com>
sub   2048R/59BA6B2F 2010-10-07

Thank you.