Revised wording for Feedback section

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 01:33:16 UTC 2010

  Hi all:

The start of each of our manuals contains a "Feedback" section that
tells readers how to report bugs against the document. Last week, Sparks
and I started wondering if the wording could be improved a little.

========
Present wording:

"We Need Feedback!

If you find a typographical error in this manual, or if you have thought
of a way to make this manual better, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit a report in Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
against the product Fedora Documentation.

When submitting a bug report, be sure to mention the manual's
identifier: install-guide

If you have a suggestion for improving the documentation, try to be as
specific as possible when describing it. If you have found an error,
please include the section number and some of the surrounding text so we
can find it easily. "

========
My suggestion:

"We Need Feedback!

If you find an error in this manual, or if you think of a way to make
this manual better, we would love to hear from you!

To report an error or make a suggestion:

1. Visit Red Hat Bugzilla to enter a bug for Fedora Documentation:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Documentation

2. Sign in with your Red Hat Bugzilla account, or create an account if
you do not already have one.

3. Select this manual (install-guide) from the list of Components.

4. Write a short summary of the error or suggestion in the Summary field.

5. Describe the error or suggestion in more detail in the Description
field. If you have a suggestion to improve the documentation, be as
specific as possible. If you have found an error, please include the
section number and some of the surrounding text so we can find it easily.

6. Click the Submit Bug button."

========

Other ideas or refinements welcome! What do you think?

Cheers
Rudi