Updating the User Guide for GNOME 3

Nathan Thomas nathan at afternoondust.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 17:21:01 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've suddenly found myself with some free time this week, so I've been
having a look at getting the User Guide updated for GNOME 3. This is a
big task, so help is needed! If anyone is able and willing, here are
some things that you can do:

- Go through the current User Guide (the last version was for F14) and
pick out all the bits that need updating for GNOME 3. You can be list
anything you find under the User Guide in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guide_goals_for_F16

- Get stuck in and start updating! You can clone the git repository
here: https://fedorahosted.org/userguide/
If you're unfamiliar with DocBook XML, you might find this guide useful:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

- Proofread what's already been done - for example, I've just finished a
draft of Tour_of_the_GNOME_desktop.xml. Feel free to correct things
yourself, or file a bug if you're not sure what the fix is:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Don't forget to add your name next to the bit you're updating on the
Guide Goals wiki page, so we don't start duplicating each other's work!

If you want anyone to check the changes you've just committed, ping the
mailing list - we can always roll back any changes if things go horribly
wrong, so don't worry about getting stuck in!

bcotton, I understand you're working on the Printing chapter?

Cheers,
Nathan