New contributor for documentation in fedora.

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 5 19:26:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Romain Forlot <rforlot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm new in contributor community of Linux but I use Linux since almost 7-8
> years now. I already make a correction in a french translation of fedora's
> changelog but that was a tiny contribution. Now I want spend more time to
> improve Linux usability. So, for that I begin by documentation and maybe
> translation later.
> I'm a beginner Unix Administrator since 4 years. I do some dev years ago in
> java and php but it's far behind me when I see real dev coding. So I'm a
> good scripter at least.
>
> I don't have so much time but I will do my best for the few documentation I
> wrote. Since I read a lot of documentation, cause my job, I would be an
> excellent choice for correct some how-to or whatever I read.
>
> If I do some mistake in my English, please show me where I'm wrong :). I'm
> not use to wrote in English, but I can't be worst.

Hi Romain, welcome!

Do you already have an idea about which guide you would like to update or write?
Please see [1] in order to know the current guide state.

I am not used to welcome people here, I am quite new in the docs members…
But I wanted to add that translations start would be there[2] for you :).

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings#Guides
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_French_Team

See ya!

--