Building a doc using publican… some tips?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 13 22:41:24 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I was about to update some guides in docs.fpo (at least the French
ones) but checking the generated pdf give me some errors.
For example, I get «#The C Programming Language#» (in pdf) instead of
« The C Programming Language » (as in the html format).
Any idea?

publican build --embedtoc --publish --formats
epub,html,html-single,pdf --langs fr-FR
is really verbose…

Moreover I get many "WARNING: Message missing from PO file, consider
updating your POT and PO files." messages…
How do you create the POT using publican?

By reading Publishing_a_document_with_Publican[1], would you let me
update the homepage.tmp and create a setup script containing some
simple sed command to create the homepage.cfg?  (I don't like manual
config…)

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Publishing_a_document_with_Publican

--
Kévin Raymond