Stepping down as Documentation Project Leader

Zach Oglesby oglesbyzm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:25:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen
<sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Some of you might have noticed, between sips of highly caffenated
> beverages and furiously typing out all the great documentation that
> this group provides, that I haven't been around that much lately.
> Unfortunately just before Christmas I was given a new boss and new
> responsibilities that changed my daily schedule.  This, on top of
> other changes to my daily schedule, has severely limited my ability to
> provide a near-constant presence in the Fedora community.  As much as
> I hate to do this I feel that I must step down as the Documentation
> Project Leader to allow someone with more cycles in their day to
> continue the work.
>
> This isn't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.  It was
> probably time for someone with new and different ideas to step up and
> keep the project interesting.  There have been a lot of changes under
> my watch and I can hardly wait to see the changes that occur under the
> next watch.
>
> Back in November when we were entertaining the thought of holding
> elections for my position, Zach Oglesby came to me and said that if I
> needed to bail out of the position that he might be willing to take on
> the responsibilities.  Since then I've been talking with Zach and
> today he agreed to take on the position.  I'm very excited about him
> accepting the position as he has been involved in every aspect of the
> project for a while and I know he has some exciting ideas about moving
> the project to the next level.
>
> Thanks to everyone who helped me through the years (two?) that I've
> held this position.  Every contributor to this project has made it
> successful and for that I am greatful to you all.
>
> --Eric "Sparks"

First I want to say thank you to Eric, for the time and hard work he
has put into the Docs team over the last few years. We have had a
great deal of success in the last few releases thanks to his great
management.

I would also like to say thanks for giving me this opportunity to
lead. We all know that this is not a dictatorship, and that leading a
community is not about making rules, but about helping people to work
together to make a great product and that's what I think we do best. I
don't want to change the way things are done, I just simply want to
help to create the best possible documentation for the best Linux
distro around.

Once again, thanks for the opportunity! I look forward to working more
with everyone.

Zach Oglesby
GPG Key: 172E44AE
zoglesby on irc.freenode.net