FAD @ OLF

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Jun 29 12:54:36 UTC 2011

Ohio Linux Fest (OLF) is coming up fast (09 - 11 September) and we
need to figure out if we want to do a Fedora Activity Day (FAD).  From
a Docs perspective, the timing couldn't be better.  Although it would
seem quite early for the F16 release it's actually a great time to
really get hacking on guides and such and leave small tweaks for post
FAD.  This would also leave a lot more time for the L10n team to do
their thing.

To determine whether a FAD should go forward we need to figure out two
things:  who can attend and what do we hope to accomplish.  I know
several of us have already said that we are planning on attending.  I
think we can possibly handle VoIP connectivity as well for those in
neighboring continents.

As far as goals I'd have to start a list that includes:

1. Working to make sure the Release Notes are on track.
2. Working on the User Guide.
3. Smoothing out the translation process and removing barriers.

Others?

I just started a wiki page[0] to better document this.  Go there and
help spread the love!

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_@_OLF_2011

--Eric