Video recording equipment

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:14:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 11:52:32AM -0500, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 10:00:03PM +0530, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Eric H. Christensen
> > <sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > Anyone coming to FUDCon Blacksburg that can bring some video (preferably digital) recording equipment?  We'd like to record the Docs classes.
> >
> > I'll be bringing my DSLR, which is able to capture HD video.  I may
> > need to play with the audio side of things a bit, but I'll try to have
> > that figured out by the time FUDCon Blacksburg rolls around.
>
> Awesome!

Be aware that:

(1) Most DSLRs have a limit to how long they can shoot video, since
    the capture + encoding process have a drastic processor expense
    and thus overheating issues.

(2) Battery life is more of a concern than storage.  If you can power
    via AC that's a huge plus.

With those thoughts in mind, I will probably have my HDSLR at the
conference too.