Error occurred when trying to make a draft release notes PDF

Tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 14:36:28 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 09:16 PM, John J. McDonough wrote:
> Frequently, and it seems to happen more often with languages that use
> non-Latin character sets, the error is in the PO file rather than the
> XML.
>
> However, zh-CN worked last night, so that might not be the issue unless
> you did some translations immediately before building.

I think you are right.

I translated some components of release notes and pushed back to
transifex. Then I remembered that my git branch was outdated. So I did a
git pull, all po files and others updated. But the zh_CN po files were
not newer than the ones I just pushed to Transifex.net.(This is because
that the release-note team hasn't pulled those newer po files to their
git repository yet.)

To use the latest translation files for publican, I decided to run tx
pull again to pull my translations back. But tx pull did nothing. All po
files were skipped.

I removed .tx directory and ran tx init to pulled them successfully.
After that, when I did publican build, error occurred.

As you said that it's worked well last night, and it also works well for
zh_TW and ja_JP, I believe that is the translation problem.

I am trying to find and solve it.

> you don't "pull" f17, the process is:
>
>    git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git
>    git checkout --track -b f17 origin/f17
>    tx pull -a
This still don't pulls the newer po files except skipping.

>    publican build -l zh-CN -f pdf
Works, however the translation is not the latest. :(

Thanks John :D

--
Regards,

Tiansworld