Greetings from a new member

Benjamin Thompson fedora at benjaminjthompson.com
Wed Aug 28 20:51:24 UTC 2013

Okay, let's go down the bullet list from the wiki:

Hi, my name is Benjamin Thompson and I go by Ben, my handle on FAS is
"rumford".

I'm in the US Eastern time zone, in northern Indiana, USA.

My experience is in technical support, Python development including
web2py, Linux administration, and I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in
English. I am Linux+/LPIC-1 certified. In time, I plan to go up to
LPIC-3 and RHCE. I've been using Linux as a desktop OS since about 2003.

I'm looking to join the Fedora Project in order to hone my technical
writing skills, and perhaps flex my coding or sysadmin muscles
eventually as well. My aim is to make myself a more proficient,
knowledgeable user/administrator of Linux operating systems.

To start I would like to contribute documentation, no matter how small
or seemingly inconsequential. The parts of the OS I am most interested
in helping with are cryptographic and networking tools, although my
knowledge level is not terribly deep yet on those subjects. My other
passion is user-friendliness. Applications geared toward making the OS
as a whole more approachable are of great interest to me. If
documentation on any of these is lacking I would be quite happy to try
and fill in the gaps.

After finding some training and/or a sponsor, I look forward to
contributing about 4 hours per week. I work full time sometimes up to 50
hours a week, but there is often enough time on the nights and weekends
to put several hours in.

I have lurked for quite some time. I've recently decided that I need to
stop WISHING I was contributing and start making that a reality. I look
forward to listening in on meetings in the coming weeks. Perhaps I can
even contribute some documentation work for the Fedora 20 release.