Changes/Features?

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Wed Oct 23 00:03:50 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 05:29 PM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since F20 we now define features as "Changes", however I still can see:
>
> Fedora 20 features <productname>Ryu</productname>, software that
> enables effective, software defined networking for
> <productname>OpenStack</productname> virtualization.
>
> in the transifex pot.
>
> Maybe we should change, too?
>
> Thanks.
> --
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Christopher Meng
>
> Fєdоґa ї₴ al$о a кїпd оf нaт lїкє Яёd Haт.
>
> http://cicku.me

I did my best to avoid using the word "Feature" as a proper noun, and
even gave some thought to introducing "Changes" as a distinct concept,
but as Matthew (and Robyn, in the mktg thread) pointed out, dwelling on
internal processes in externally targeted copy would just make a
confusing read.

Besides, "feature" is a hard word to avoid using in this context,
especially as a verb. Why fight that?

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader