Fedora Docs OT guidelines, please!

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Sat Feb 15 02:02:47 UTC 2014

Hey Tom,

Can you provide some general legal-type guidelines on mentioning
not-Fedora topics in Fedora Docs?  I've learned that we shouldn't
directly guide users to third party repos, but there's a lot of room for
potential conflict.

Lately, I've been woorking on a multiboot guide and wondering what would
be considered permissible. For example, I'd like to explain how to
disable Windows' "fast reboot" feature to allow Fedora users to mount an
NTFS volume safely. I'd also like to explain how to add Windows or some
other OS to GRUB manually, or to a system's firmware boot options with
`uefibootmgr`. There's varying degrees of foreignness there, and the
list certainly isn't exhaustive - just some token examples.

It would be good to have some general guidelines to follow going
forward. I would like to find a home for them in the Documentation Guide.

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader
 - immanetize at fedoraproject.org