Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

Petr Bokoc pbokoc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 13:27:34 UTC 2014

On 09/02/2014 05:57 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 03:41:17PM +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
>>> Or we could display them on an optional spoke in anaconda.
>> That's just silly.
> Release notes used to be displayed in Anaconda, and AIUI removing them
> allowed trimming a bunch of otherwise unused code.  I doubt the
> Anaconda upstream wants to shove all that stuff back into the
> installer.

Actually they kind of do. AFAIK there's a plan to make the Installation
Guide available inside Anaconda - a "help" button on each spoke that
opens the Fedora Installation Guide in Yelp at the section which
describes the spoke. If Yelp is available during the installation, it
should be easy to include the relnotes as well.

Petr