Personas for Fedora Docs

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Mon May 18 07:34:50 UTC 2015

On May 17, 2015, at 11:24 PM, Pete Travis <me at petetravis.com> wrote:

> I'm concerned that edition-specific personas would cause some unwanted inferences - writing only newbie docs for Workstation, only advanced docs for server, etc.

agreed, however I believe that there will be personas we want to prioritize for a given product and others will be delayed.  This will be based on target audience and likelihood of encountering the topics before having knowledge growth.
> Thinking back to the metadata discussion - what do you think about rating the complexity of an article on, say, a 1-5 scale? Later, tools could use the complexity metadata value for sorting and filtering, or maybe link to our 'persona' for that experience level.

This could work, but we would need to both define the scale well enough for writers to use and for readers to understand where they fall.

Now, if we had a large active reading community we could ask them to rate the article and slowly have a view of how technical the audience found the article .. but I don’t know that that is realistic.

> Now, I just realized you're thinking about literally writing narratives for the personas - I was thinking of it only as a composition / whiteboardind tool.  That could be interesting…

:D

regards,

bex