A Remix. And more to come.

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Jan 22 14:25:25 UTC 2009

-- slightly modified, via [1] --

Okay folks, we have something ready! It's just a preview, provided
as-is, far away from being official and just intended for testing. So
what is it?

You can now get an (unbranded) education remix right here:
http://rdieter.fedorapeople.org/torrents/f10-education-preview-1.torrent
(thanks to rdieter for setting this up!)

Why are we releasing this now? As this is still based on F10, the main
purpose is to gather feedback concerning the spin for F11.

You're asking what we've on the spin? We've included more applications
for educational goals than before:

You'll be able to evaluate the whole KDE Education Suite including new
apps like marble or step. We're also having some graphics applications
like Blender, GIMP and Inkscape around - so there's enough space for you
to give full scope to your creativity. What else? You get the OpenOffice
suite on the CD, as well as a great TODO list called Tasque. And you
always wanted to test your brain? Nevermind, just fire gbrainy up!

These are just the most important apps, you can check out more
information in the wiki [2].

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated, so feel free to join us in
#fedora-edu on Freenode or just drop a comment here.

--Sebastian

[1]
http://sdziallas.joyeurs.com/blog/2009/01/fedora-edu-a-remix-and-more-to.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/EducationLive