[fedora-electronic-lab] Who is on board for FEL ?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 08:04:56 UTC 2010

Hello there,

Sorry for not able to reply to you all since last december due to my
relocation to Switzerland. Now I'm more or else settled to concentrate
on upcoming FEL-13's release.

By there are a couple of things I want to address which I might need your help.

First, there is a Fedora Board email which asks spin owners some
questions because Fedora for some reason wants to have a target
audience. I'm severely behind all my mailing lists emails, to
understand why now Fedora cares about some specific target. I thought
Fedora was "make it happen, help others achieve something and provide
quality opensource solutions". What I fear is surely microelectronics
engineers will not be a target audience so would Fedora Board provide
the same support to us (FEL contributors) ? Last time Fedora Project
leader Paul Frields deleted (twice) FEL's 50 word paragraph from
Fedora-12 Talking points because it was not targeting broad users. I'm
pretty much less motivated by the recent attitude.

Second, I'm more interested in ASIC so I'll be personnally focussing
on the stability of this respective opensource applications. I will
write more latter on about this.

However, Alain came back to maintain piklab and friends, together with
Les who wants to the microcontroller field forward, I would give all
my support. Chris recently introduced himself for updating arm
toolchain. I will definitely back him as well to help him get
appropriate access to make thing happen.

Could you please tell me how much time you can allocate for FEL-13's
release so that we can release a decent stable FEL release in 3
months?

cheers,
Chitlesh

--