[free-electronic-lab] Future of kicad

Alain Portal alain.portal at free.fr
Sat Jul 9 14:50:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

A new kicad version will coming soon.
And I think it's now time to think about the future of kicad package.

kicad really lacks of component and footprint libraries (last upstream commit is 7 months old and upstream seems to don't see the library bug reports (autism???)).

So, I think it will be a good idea to split the kicad package in two packages: kicad and kicad-libraries, so, we will be able to provide new libraries without building a new kicad package.

What do you think about that?

Regards
Alain