Git for Copr

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 16:11:16 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 04:57 PM, Tadej Janež wrote:
> Hmm, who is people?

Just people around us. But yes, it may be just wrong pattern. Or not.

> Where do you get this impression from?

Maintainers of packages are usually power users (at least) and again as far as I see around me, they simply do not use
WebUI.

> In my opinion, GitHub's popularity speaks against that.

But GitHub is different use case! The popularity comes from fact that you can use it as you main project page.
It have nice front page (thanks README.md), it have issue tracker, it have wiki pages. People can easily clone it.
But will maintainers of packages in env-and-stack WG use that? IMHO no (at least *I* will not use it). They will just
use that git part. And WebUI will not help you will git pull/push.

But if you organize some voting and people will want WebUI, then ok. But best vote is if someone would say "I will do it
and you will tell me if you like it." But I hear that very rarely. Even from myself :))

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS