Polishing the PRD

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 15:45:33 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 05:46 PM, Tadej Janež wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are some parts of the PRD that feel to terse and unclear to me.
>
> They are:
> 1) (under Testing/additional repositories)
> * A repo with packages only for the build. It might help some developers
> to just build their package without maintaining the build dependencies.
>
> 2) Build systems
> * COPR & koji
> ** COPR able to build an SCL
> ** koji - a number of improvements for developers (buildlogs, etc.), in
> co-operation with the koji upstream.

Here should be probably list of requirements on both build services, but
I don't have more of them at the moment.
I guess we should think about our workflow and what are the biggest
problems, which can be solved by improving build services.
> 3) SCL
> * SCL in Fedora.
> ** Pending in FPC. Most probably each SCL will be added into Fedora as a
> system-wide change.
> * SCL in SCL.org from COPR.
> ** Possible to use 3rd party repos for various projects.
> ** Almost ready.
> * scl-utils v2
> ** New features out of scope for this version of the PRD.

I'm not sure when and how scl will be allowed in Fedora. I agree that's
more current status than a plan.