Working on the SCL section in the PRD

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 03:35:25 UTC 2014

I just wanted to comment that I am keen to use SCL
technology for Haskell ghc packages in EPEL particularly.
It would also be a nice way of providing newer
versions early to Fedora: while its relatively
shorter lifetime makes it less crucial perhaps,
I think a lot more Fedora users want to have the
latest ghc available so it would be a good thing.
So I plan to play with software collections this year.

(Long ago actually I was packaging ghc in a scl-like style
with a versioned prefix. I think the last such Fedora
build providing ghc682 for Fedora 8 was
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=30503.)

Jens