Some questions about Playground Repo

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Tue Mar 18 10:50:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 13:57 -0400, Deborah Rieden wrote:

> After reading through the playground repository draft [1] I thought it would be helpful to have tooling which can display the contents and status of the playground repo.

Overall, I agree that it would be very useful to have such tooling.
First thing that came to my mind was that we would want something
similar to the Fedora packages [1], just that it would be tailored to
the Playground repository. Or maybe, in the future, Fedora packages
could handle both, packages in the main repository and packages in the
Playground repository?

>   For example:
> - Display who owns the package, if a provenpackager a special symbol is displayed?

I've just added an open question to the Playground repository draft
about whether there will there be co-maintainers, provenpackagers in the
Playground repository.

> - Is the package signed?  If not signed do we want to state why?  Do we want to include a link to request
>   that this package be considered for signing?

I think signing should be implemented on the repository level, i.e.
either we'll have all of the packages signed or none will be signed.

> This information should be viewable by anyone?  Any restrictions?

I see no need for any restrictions.

> Any comments?

The nice thing about a web tool like you suggested is that it could be
developed incrementally and in parallel to building other infrastructure
of the Playground repository.

Tadej

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/