1 Big repo vs multiple small ones

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 15:28:58 UTC 2014

On 03/25/2014 10:02 AM, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Marcela wrote last week:
>> Today was discussed whether we want one big repo or multiple small ones
>> [1]. Both have their pros and cons, but multiple small ones would solve
>> most of open questions [2].
>
> Another question: how does softwarecollections.org repos
> compare to our Ring 2 repos? Maybe they are also part of it
> like Copr repos?

I would say so. The softwarecollections.org repos consume staff from Copr.

> And I saw discussion on epel-devel list about EPIC repo idea
> ("faster moving EPEL-like repo").
My first thought - great idea, second it should be still easy to follow
rules for maintainers.
> Are EL repos also in our scope?
Hm, EPEL is still Fedora, so it might be true. I'm not sure who is doing
EPEL. Last time I was looking for some SIG, I was pointed to nirik.