Open Questions - Playground: reviews

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Wed Mar 26 21:17:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 15:11 -0400, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> Will there be any review of COPRs/packages that will become part of the
> Playground repository?
>
> Proposal:
> Let's add a button 'Raise legal flag' or used this button from Copr page.

I disagree. Surely we want to review the packages that will become part
of the Playground repository? Otherwise, how are we going to reach the
goal of creating a middle ground between current main repo and COPRs?

We should define a small policy/guidelines for the Playground repository
that all the packages will have to adhere to and then develop
(semi)automated way to check and enforce it.
This will be a much faster and light-weight review than the current
manual review process, but it will still allows us to provide packages
of higher quality that those from some "random" COPRs.

Tadej