Developer subsite as a self-contained change proposal (was Re: Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-07-16))

Petr Hracek phracek at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 08:05:51 UTC 2015

On 07/20/2015 05:09 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 17 July 2015 at 22:57, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In relation to this, I've updated the content on the new Env & Stacks
>> subpage to eliminate the duplication with phracek's existing plan for
>> setting up the initial site and instead specifically cover the idea of
>> putting the subsite forward as Fedora level self-contained change
>> proposal.
>>
>> Where I think Env & Stacks can potentially help the project is in
>> having the WG take overall responsibility for the site's content,
>> including coordinating with the other WGs if they're making major
>> changes to the recommendations.
>>
>> We'd also be the first point of escalation if there's an argument
>> about what tools the developer portal should be recommending.
> I continued pondering this idea over the weekend, and started adding a
> few more notes to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Projects/DeveloperPortal
> about it.
>
> I think one of the key principles we'd want to establish is that we'd
> like the developer portal to be a way for the Edition WGs language
> SIGs to communicate effectively with folks building *on* Fedora,
> moreso than with folks seeking to contribute *to* Fedora. There'd be
> off ramps to sites like whatcanidoforfedora.org, but
> developers.fedoraproject.org itself would be focused on the "I am
> doing X, how can Fedora help me?" aspect.
Yeah Nick. This was my first proposal. I would like to create
a group of site like documentation.fp.org, changes.fp.org, etc.
Names are only ideas.

But first of all we (Adam and me) would like to create a first version
of this site
so that we are able to provide testing page also for UX team.

> In many cases, "X" would include cross-platform development, where
> even if someone is using Fedora themselves, they're building for
> deployment to environments outside the Fedora/RHEL/CentOS ecosystem
> (e.g. mobile applications).
Yeah mobile application are totally missing on any pages.
I would be glad if we will have a page which is going
to describe how to create a mobile applications.

Also there is OpenShift/ OpenStack group etc.
But first I would like to focuse on things like
Docker, Vagrant, Atomic and language.

We should design pages so that we are able to provide a working pages
around mid of Sept. But this is my private dream.

But before Christmas we should officially release that pages
and may be continue on the other one.

> Regards,
> Nick.

Adding asamalik to CC who is the leader of this project.

--
Petr Hracek
Software Engineer
email: phracek at redhat.com