developer page on installing go, .profile doesn't get sourced

Eduardo Silva hoboprimate at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:32:11 UTC 2015

First of all I have to say I'm not a developer, but with the sexyness
of developer.fedoraproject.org I might just become than just an
enthusiast for Fedora.

While looking at the site, I decided to check out 'go' since I've heard
a lot of good about it. At the end of the installation instructions
https://developer.fedoraproject.org/tech/languages/go/go-installation.html
is said to add a environment variable to ~/.profile. But when I open a
new gnome terminal .profile isn't sourced...

Is this a bug in the instructions, or my system?

Thank you, and congrats again on the new portal
Eduardo