EPEL Updating llvm/clang?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 04:51:20 UTC 2013

Currently, llvm/clang in the EPEL repo has been orphaned and I was
considering packaging YouCompleteMe (
https://github.com/Valloric/YouCompleteMe ) for EL, but if requires clang
3.2 or higher and so I was wondering if it would be possible for me
llvm/clang to be updated to 3.3. I have spoken with the Fedora maintainer
(ajax) and he was ok with the idea, but said that it would need approval. I
have made the necessary updates to the .spec file of llvm 3.3 so it will
build on EL 6 and would be happy with becoming the maintainer if this was
approved.

As of right now, it looks like there isn't anything in the EPEL that
depends on llvm/clang, so at least from this perspective it shouldn't be
that big of a deal.

Here's the command I ran to find dependencies and its output:
repoquery -q --whatrequires --recursive --resolve --repoid=epel llvm
llvm-0:2.8-14.el6.i686
clang-0:2.8-14.el6.i686
clang-analyzer-0:2.8-14.el6.
i686