EPEL epel7 planning and processes

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Wed Dec 25 11:03:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

Dne pátek, 13. prosince 2013 17:42:24 CEST, Kevin Fenzi  napsal(a):
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:36:48 -0700
> "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, opt-in sounds like a much better idea.  :-)
>
> Yeah, it does mean slower, but I think it's good to only have those
> things in that are for sure maintained.

-1 from me, if I get you right that everyone should ack the packages to be branched

I often don't find enough time for the things I'm not paid for, so I see a potential to miss some "please add your package if you want to have it in EPEL7" plea

but that doesn't mean I'd call these things "unmaintained", just the response times are a bit longer ...

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team