EPEL Retire from maintainership duties

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Nov 7 05:39:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All!
> I'm going to stop further maintaining all EL branches of the following packages:
>
> * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/peter?acls=owner
>
> (sorry, but I don't know how to pick up only those who have EL5 and
> EL6 branches so here is a full list).
>
> Most notable packages are - the entire Erlang stack with dependent
> packages such as CouchDB, Ejabberd, RabbitMQ, Riak.
>
> I will continue maintaining Fedora branches of these packages btw.

Thanks a lot for maintaining ejabberd. I actually just set this
service up last week on a CentOS 6 server, and my co-workers are
benefitting from the work that you've done to make it a smooth
experience in EPEL.

By the way, speaking as a user, if there's a choice between "no one
steps up, so the package gets retired in EPEL", and "push an
incompatible update to EPEL", please just push whatever updates you
want.

- Ken