EPEL Update Netdisco RPMs

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Oct 25 13:19:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to use a recent version of Netdisco on CentOS 5 but I see
that EPEL still has:

    netdisco-1.1-1.el5.noarch.rpm

which is quite old.

In the past I had upgraded from Netdisco 1.0 to 1.1 using the above
package, but I had serious problems with it (I would conclude that the
package is OK with new installs but it does not handle upgrades
correctly). You may see:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4EE1FD3B.4080603%40admin.noa.gr&forum_name=netdisco-users

...for more details.

I could try to build an RPM using netdisco 1.3.2 (latest stable release:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netdisco/files/netdisco/1.3.2/) source
code and:

    netdisco-1.1-1.el5.src.rpm

but I am afraid that, even if the build is successful, I'll probably
have the same problem again when upgrading.

I've noticed that the above packages were built by
gouldwp at fedoraproject.org.

So, not being an expert myself to check and possibly modify the SRC RPM
file (spec file and any required patches), I would appreciate it if the
original author or someone else is in a position to help in preparing a
current Netdisco RPM.

Please let me know what should I do to assist this process.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Nick