EPEL Proposed meeting: Fri Aug 22 16:00:00 UTC 2014

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Aug 16 00:16:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:51:04 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am proposing that the EPEL community hold a meeting in #epel on
> Friday August 22, 2014 16:00:00 UTC to go over various community
> items:

Sure. I will be there. :)

Thanks for trying to organize things again.

> Suggested topics:
>
> #topic Forking of EPEL packages to a faster moving repository
>
> a) Proposed name of repository is EPIC
> b) What packages stay, which packages go.
>
> #topic Setup and controls for said repository
>
> When do packages update in EPIC repository, how are they announced and
> where?

There are a ton of logistical issues if we create a new repo.

- Is it in regular fedora git as another branch? If not, where else?
- Can we teach bodhi how to deal with it? Or does it just not use
  bodhi/updates?
- Does it build in koji?
- Package reviews the same as other packages?

> #topic Review and cleanup of EPEL policies
>
> There was a problem with several packages being removed which broke
> other packages. These packages were removed because we have in the
> past not allow orphaned or non-maintain packages.. but where is this
> documented.

The mongodb thing turns out to have just been a mistake. ;)
But yeah, documenting more process would be good.

kevin