EPEL [Package Request] Thunar rpm for EL7 not ready.

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:02:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:06:20 +0800
Suse Shi wrote:

> thanks,
>
>    I tried to build  pkgs manually,
>
>    yes the desktop-background may not be a must option for EL, (I think we
> can just safely ignore it when hit dep. warning.)
>

>    I compiled the package into 4 RPMs, just install the basic one to
> fulfill RPM deps. by xfdesktop.
>
> desktop-backgrounds-basic-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
> desktop-backgrounds-gnome-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
> desktop-backgrounds-compat-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
> desktop-backgrounds-waves-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm

If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I last touched this package),
the -gnome and -compat packages are used to provide default desktop
backgrounds for Fedora's Gnome (-gnome one) and XFCE, LXDE a others (the
-compat one, via /usr/share/backgrounds/default.png). I don't think this
package is desirable on EPEL. -basic (this or it's equivalent should be in
RHEL already) and -waves are both old and rusty, there's no need for them
either.

Regards,
Martin