[EPEL-devel] python34 packages for EPEL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jul 17 20:05:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:53:30 -0600
Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:

> If you look closely at my diff, you'll see that it doesn't ship a
> python2 version in epel.  But yeah, it may be cleaner to a separate
> package.  It will be a lot of reviews, but hopefully pretty
> straightforward.

yes, but that won't work. Koji operates on source packages.

If python-foo is in epel, it doesnt/cannot use other parts of
python-foo from rhel. It's all or nothing. This is why we can't just
ship foo for ppc64 and keep using the rhel x86_64 one. ;(

Anyhow, I don't think the reviews would be that big a deal for
interested folks.

kevin