[FAmSCo] Agenda for 2010-12-11 meeting

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:42:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares at gmail.com> wrote:

> Neville, thanks for bringing this issue. A new mentor for Brazil has
> been a necessity for a while. Since I'm a FAmSCo member now I'd rather
> indicate somebody else to be a mentor. I prefer to focus on FAmSCo
> duties and also give opportunity to other folks.
>
> Daniel Bruno has been a Fedora ambassador for some years now and is
> constantly in touch with other ambassadors due to his infrastructure
> duties in LATAM. He is also one of the administrators of the Brazilian
> ambassadors mailing list and is used to get in touch with new
> ambassadors guiding them to the right direction.
>
> If you guys think that the meeting will be overloaded we can discuss
> this via mailing list as well.

I haven't meet personally Daniel Bruno. I have chat with him on-line
few times and exchanged few emails. I have delegated him to give
follow up to one new ambassador, this is a work in progress.

What has been most memorable to me was a very difficult IRC meeting,
lot of people passionate and Bruno was cool headed, diffusing tension,
and pushing things to get results. In this meeting I also appreciated
that people among the Brazilian community respect him. That's why I
have already mention him.

My intention was to bring the issue to the committee, now we can
schedule a time to deal with it.

Best regards.

--
Neville