[FAmSCo] Change of email

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 22:41:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Caius 'kaio' Chance
<kaio at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Why don't you subscribe the mailing lists with your FAS email (alias)?
>
> This should have save a lot time if in your scenario. The only thing to
> remember is send posts from your "FAS email address" so the lists won't
> reject you.

My ISP will. The ISP around here don't like unauthenticated mail relay.
If you try to send a mail using an alias instead of a validated
account, they don't relay your request.
Probably I may find an online service that will relay my email using
"FAS email address", but that is something to explore.
In the other hand, I think that it is worth the exercise, to re-think
do I need every single mailing list that I am subscribed to?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217